shabby peonies

Monday, November 5, 2012

What to do with a pair of chairs?


A dear friend of ours was having a yard sale recently and, like good friends do, let me know about a few items of interest. :) A couple of things will simply get new life here with the kiddos but these chairs will be looking for new homes soonish. 

These chairs are in good shape, if a little sad looking. They've seen some use and the back of one had to be re-glued. I love this style, tho. Small enough to not be always in the way but big enough that they don't look like kid chairs. 


I sanded them down a bit, brushed off the loosened finish on the leg and back turnings and broke out the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. 


I wish I had a little breakfast or nook table that matched them but this little wine table makes a decent stand-in. For picture taking, anyway! :) 





2 comments:

  1. Which colors did you use? Louis Blue or Paris Gray? Or some mixture?

    I think they are beautiful.

    I will give you a cookie if you remove the captcha from your comments. I promise you will not start getting all kinds of spam comments.

    ReplyDelete