shabby peonies

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Current project and some new finds...

I know, this one looks awfully pink right now. It's not going to stay that way, tho. It may end up taking 3 coats to get it to be as dark as it's supposed to be, tho. I wish I'd have thought to get a dark primer. Doh. I think with enough coats of the Garnet on it and a black glaze, it'll look pretty handsome.
 This magazine table was a fun find at a local CCA ReSale shop. It's been collecting dust for a few weeks but now that it's primed, I'm hoping to find just the right color to make it shine. Thinking about the Bauhaus I used on the octagon table a while back. Maybe a small embellishment on the front would help dress it up a bit?
 Another CCA ReSale find. Twin head/foot boards in really decent shape. A small wood embellishment on the headboard and a bright turquoise should really make it a stunner. I'd like to sell these but if it turns out the way I envision, I may have just found a new bed for Lily.
 This little guy was hanging out with a couple of side tables... I didn't pick up the side tables but thought replacing the top of this would be fairly easy and then it'd make a really cute piece by itself. I think I'll replace the handle with something sparkly. Maybe like this: Anthropologie Bubbled Glass Handle
 Ugh. This one is just not doing what I want. When it was all white, it was TOO white. So I added a coat of blue on the top. Still not quite right. On went a layer of Martha Stewart's Sequoia. Argh. Still not right! So, after distressing it very carefully, I slapped on a coat of the original white and left some thin spots to go back and sand down later, to reveal the Sequoia. I'm really hoping that's good enough. I want this fella to be done and ready to go!


1 comment: