shabby peonies

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Secretarial goodness...

"Before" pictures are on my phone so I'll have to pull them later to show a comparison but for now... just take my word for it. This desk was in a lot of pain when I picked it up. I think I had it for a week or two before figuring out what colors to use here. I'd considered just restaining the whole thing, then thought about white/stain combination. But when I saw this "Skylight" blue, I knew it was the One. 
 Handles have been left alone, other than cleaning them up a bit. I think the pitting adds character and charm to the vintage look.
 This moulding is great. There's a chunk missing out of the front right corner but I don't think it really diminishes the over-all appeal.
 Drawers have been painted inside and out to look clean and fresh. The grey is mixed from a blue 'oops' paint sample and the Skylight on the rest of the desk.
Asking $200 for this charmer. It's got lots of life left in it and would look great in any home office.


2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I have a knee-hole desk I just picked up at a yard sale a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to get started with it. I'm your latest follower and a fellow newbie. Hope you come check me out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy! Thanks for the comment and the 'follow'!

    ReplyDelete