shabby peonies

Friday, March 30, 2012

Buffet?

I've been calling this a buffet but I don't really know what it started out as. There's some 'scarring' in the paint inside of it that makes me think it used to have a divider and possibly a shelf. But nothing hinting at doors on the front. I'd like to see it with neat doors but that might be a little beyond the amount of effort I want to put into this right now. 
 Sanding the top of this was a PAIN. I'd started the process with a Mouse sander and wasn't getting very far. Thankfully, my parents gave me another palm sander for my birthday and I put that puppy to work right away. It took about 2 hours to get all the paint off the top of this piece. Ugh.

I like how this looks right now and I'm tempted to just get a little more of the glazing off and leave it at that. I want to stain the top, tho, because it's too pretty to cover with paint again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment