shabby peonies

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chocolate top

 I hadn't planned to paint today because this morning started off so dreary and damp. But after a trek to the mall, the sun came out and made it a perfect day for some creativity.

The lighting in the garage is not awesome but the following pictures give some idea of how the night stand is going to turn out. First coat on the top/drawer was several hours ago so at about 9:15 tonight, the second coat was started and the first/only? coat on the body was done.

I meant to take a picture of it with just primer but I forgot so this shows a little of the brown I 'd already painted on the bottom lip of the top. 
First coat! Looks almost purple, doesn't it? 



Second coat is much richer. I love it. 



I kind of hope I don't have to do a second coat of the Crisp Linen. It was a real pain to get it in all the little grooves on the leg turnings. Makes me wish I could have found the color I liked in a spray instead! I'm sure it'll be worth it, though, when all is said and done. If I end up glazing the piece, any sketchy coverage should blend in well.

No comments:

Post a Comment