shabby peonies

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Frank and George

I should have numbered my projects to make it easier to title these entries. I may go back and do that after today. Or I should have just named the projects so I could say things like "Frank has had a second coat and George is currently drying his first."
This would be George.

 I had thought originally to paint the drawers in a contrasting tone but now I'm thinking to keep it monotone and let the hardware do the "talking." Look in the Attic has some really sweet glass pulls that I just want to hoard right now.
This would be Frank. 
 The second coat of Pins and Needles went on this morning while the girls ate breakfast and I'm really loving this color. I could have gone a shade or two darker and been happy but this is really a neat tone. The groove around the top would look awesome with a dark wax in it .
Frank's drawer.
I picked up an 'oops' paint the other day - it was supposed to be Hot Chocolate but it looks more like day-old Ovaltine. It's pretty, tho, and I think it works well with the Pins and Needles.

I don't think I want to reuse the original hardware that came with this because it's bowed funny. So I've filled a small hole that a little knob on the underside of the hardware fit in to... for orientation, maybe? I dunno. It looked pointless because the hardware was turned the wrong way anyhow. After I sand the filler, I'll do another coat or two of paint and see how it strikes me. The front of this drawer is actually plastic or melamine or something like that. Briefly considered prying it off and putting a new front on but we'll see how this turns out.

Update on George:



1 comment:

  1. I like!! and it's nice to name the furniture, not just number them, that way their individual personalities take on a 'face' :)

    ReplyDelete