shabby peonies

Saturday, February 11, 2012

First project: Night stand


Hi there! My name is Carey and after months of lusting after fun vintage pieces of furniture, I've decided to try my hand at a few pieces. Some were already 'in-house' and at my disposal and some I've picked up in the last week or two from resale shops. Nothing really fancy is going to go under the brush any time soon but I have high hopes for what is waiting in my garage.

My first project is a nightstand my mother-in-law generously allowed me to keep.



I should have taken a real "before" shot but this is after some sanding to take off  peeling varnish and some stain.  

My plan thus far is to paint the bottom with Sherwin Williams' "Crisp Linen":
and the top with a Sherwin Williams-matched-to-a-Gliddan color called "French Dark Chocolate" that looks  a lot like this: 

There isn't a lot of detail work on this piece but I'm considering glazing the edges of the top and the legs to see how much color will settle in the nooks and crannies.

All I have to wait for is a less windy day and some more unseasonably warm weather. Surely Texas can be counted on for THAT at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment