shabby peonies

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Plan-less pieces

The other pieces I have sitting in the garage, waiting to be pretty again:

I'm not sure what this started out as but for $19.97 at a local CCA shop, I wasn't about to pass it up. Obviously, holes were cut to allow for cords/pc venting and a pull-out keyboard tray was installed.  
I don't find any sign of a shelf ever being in this sideboard(?) but I would love to put one in and see it used for linen storage or something. 
I think this is a magazine/lamp table? I'm not sure if that's the proper name for it. I love the lines on it and can't wait to see it glazed. 
In case you can't tell, that tag says $9.97. Pretty sweet!
The behemoth. Our son (B) needs a new dresser/tv stand/knick knack surface so I picked this up off Craigslist.  Currently planning to paint it a kind of burnt orange for a base coat and then a cream over it to distress. 

I wish the former  owner had said a few things - that this is veneered, slightly water damaged and has a messed up drawer. But I don't think any of those things render it unusable so... yeah. We'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment