shabby peonies

Friday, June 22, 2012

Custom table

This table might look a little familiar to those of you who have been following for a while. (And by the way, please 'join' my page if you're reading!) I did one very similar to this that happened to be my first lucky-find at a CCA reSale store here in town. I'm using the same unknown 'antique' white on this table and I'm currently trying to figure out what kind of filler to use where the leather inlays used to be. 

Aren't the details on the legs awesome? SUCH a find!

Don't you just love the 'grills' on this one? I'm so glad they're both intact. I went ahead and gave them a quick coat of the same old white but I'm thinking to sand most of that back off to reveal the original brassy tones. 

excuse the mess... this is what painting in the kitchen looks like.


It just occurred to me that I could try a fabric touch on one of the open spots. A toile, maybe? What do you think, dear reader?

Here's a look at the first table I did: 


No comments:

Post a Comment