shabby peonies

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Night stand - oooh, la la!

I finally broke down and bought some Annie Sloan paint/wax and CeCe Caldwell paint to try out. This nightstand has been languishing in the back of the garage for several weeks now but I finally dug it out to dress it up a bit. 

A quick BEFORE:
Nothing terrible about it at all. It is in really great shape, both structurally and finish-wise. Just nothing fancy and the hardware color wasn't anything special.

And the AFTER:

$50

I painted it with Pure White (Annie Sloan) and Destin Gulf Green (CeCe Caldwell) and then waxed it all over with Annie Sloan's dark wax. It definitely ages the piece in an interesting way. I wasn't sure I liked it at first but it's grown on me. If I needed another nightstand, I'd keep it for sure. 

Linking up over at French Country Cottage again:

1 comment:

  1. This paint is sooooo good...hop over and show how your pretty makeover at my NTT party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete