shabby peonies

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Versa is NOT an SUV....

I need more staging room. This business of moving the girls' toys around to take pictures and then hauling the furniture back out of the room is cah-razy. Seriously. Anywhoo... here's "Claire" in all her finished glory. 

I think I'll add another coat of wax before selling her but all the hard work is done. I really like how Paris Grey and Pure White work together. I'm a little disappointed with the wax because it seems to buff uncertainly but the shine is great and it's easy to work with so maybe it'll just take time to work out the kinks.  

I just love the hardware on Claire. I found these at Michael's several months ago and intended to use them on my own dresses when I repaint them but they seemed to fit the vanity's personality. What do you think?


This next piece is a FIND. I had gone to pick up another table and this little nightstand? was just sitting there with its own price-tag, waiting to be loved. I asked what they'd take for both pieces and the lady gave them both to me for the asking price of the table I was there for. How awesome is that? I wanted to friend her right there! 

This is the table I went to pick up. Awesome, isn't it? I'm not sure if I understood the owner correctly but I think she said her husband bought an antique shop and these were pieces that came with it. Something like that. Anyway. I'm excited. My FIL has had me on the look-out for something like this and I thought I was going to have to buy pieces that were already done and just repaint them in the color he wanted but I'd much rather dress this fella up. He needs it. 
And yes, then I smooshed three kids into the backseat of my Versa and put this table in the front with me and the night stand in the back. And tied the hatch down. Yikes!


So, dear reader, what about you? Picked up anything fun lately and then crammed it into your car with three kids? :) 

Linking up at Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday

1 comment:

  1. so you are ready to upgrade your shop and vehicle?
    Beautiful pieces of furniture and the vanity is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete