shabby peonies

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sweet accent tables

As hot as it's already been lately, I haven't felt much like stripping, sanding, or painting anything outside. So what do you do when you don't want to go outside and sweat with grit and grime all over you? 

You bring the smallest things you can find into the house and work on them in the kitchen! I still had to do a little prep-work outside on these babies but nothing that took more than 20 minutes or so. That's enough to render one's morning-shower completely obsolete. Ugh

Anyway. Here we go! 

Table No. 1 was a random find at a local trade-days event. Totally unexpected. So what did I do? I bought it and wandered around with the three kiddos for another 40 minutes. ha ha. 
$40
Isn't it sweet? I would love to see this on a landing with ivy trailing from the top and this little birdy peeking out. :)

 I don't know exactly what you call Table No. 2. Is it an accent table? An occasional? What is it?? It folds over to one side to make it easy to move out of the way but I don't know what that makes it. Oh well. It was too pretty to pass up so I bought it and sanded the HECK out of the top of it to get off the old super-dark stain/varnish. It wasn't its most attractive quality. 

Once I got it down to bare wood on the top, I thought about re-staining it with something already on hand but then I remembered this lovely idea: Vinegar Stain

I neglected to remember to use apple cider vinegar but I think it turned out really neat anyway. Also, I don't know off hand what the difference is between white vinegar and apple cider vinegar. They both smell equally gross. Thank goodness the smell doesn't linger in the wood for this process. 

$40


So, thoughts, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment