shabby peonies

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hall-lelujah! ;)

Hooray! The hallway/entry table is finished. It looked a little rough when I picked it up but it's pretty fancy now. 

Before: 

The stain on the top was uneven, there were some pretty noticeable water/ink stains and the legs just looked a little dry and sad. 

After:
$65
The top sanded down pretty easily and the red mahogany stain just made a world of difference, don't you think? I debated trying to sand and stain the legs but with a few chips out of the veneer on the little foot accents, it made more sense to paint it. I'm glad I did, because playing around with the Annie Sloan waxes was fun. 

Have you ever come across a table like this? I wish I could find out something about it but so far, I haven't managed any Google image hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment